Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Architecture & Places

I haven't posted anything related to architecture and interesting places around the country/Port Elizabeth yet. Which is rather sad as they're both part of my vision for this blog. So I will endeavour to change this.

I recently visited the Red Location Museum, here in Port Elizabeth, and I found the building and the vision for the surrounding area very interesting and inspiring. I was also moved by many of the exhibits. It's a pitty that most people I know don't really know all that much about it. And I'm going to encourage everyone who hasn't been to make a point in visiting. Unfortunatley I was without my camera as it wasn't a planned excursion. But I'll be visiting again quite soon and I'll have some photo's to post.

I will also be going on a class trip through the Karoo visiting the small towns Cradock, Graaff-Reinet, Nieu Bethesda and Grahamstown. I am so excited! I love old villages and towns. I could get lost in the history. Most of all I'm excited to see The Owl House in Nieu Bethesda. I've wanted to visit it for years.

Regarding other places of note in PE - I have a few places I want to feature but I need to take photo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment